that has devastated so many lives has created a huge spike in gasoline
prices around the country, even in areas that are not directly
affected by the crisis.
With this in mind, here are some ways that you can reduce your gas consumption, and thereby spend less money at the pump. At the same time, you’ll also be helping the environment by putting fewer emissions into the air.
1. Avoid idling as much as possible. Modern engines do not need to be warmed up. In fact, they warm up better by driving them slowly, under a light load. Instead of using the drive-up window at the local fast food joint, consider going inside instead. If you do use the pick-up window, turn off the engine while you are in line. It takes less gas to restart a warmed-up engine than it does to idle for 30 seconds or more.
2. Accelerate and decelerate slowly. Don’t stomp on the gas peddle when the light turns green. Try to anticipate traffic flow and drive accordingly, keeping safety in mind at all times.
3. Lighten the load. If you have a bunch of stuff in your car that you don’t need with you, store it somewhere else. The more your car weighs, the more gas the engine must burn.
4. Combine trips. Try to run all your errands at one time. Planning ahead for what you need to buy and do can save a lot of trips and miles.
5. Check tire pressure. Improperly inflated tires create drag and reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 2%. Properly inflated are safer and they last longer.
6. Use the right gas. Check your owner’s manual for the right grade of gas for your car. It is a waste of money to use a higher grade then recommended.
7. Close the gas cap properly. Make sure the seal is tight. If you buy a replacement cap, make sure it is the right one for your make and model.
8. Change the air filter regularly. A clogged filter reduces mileage.
9. Change the spark plugs. Make sure to install new ones at the appropriate intervals to improve mileage.
10. Drive a fuel-efficient vehicle. If you have more than one vehicle, drive the one with the best mileage rating whenever possible.
I would like to close by asking everyone who reads this article to please give whatever you can to relief agencies such as The Red Cross and The Salvation Army, or one of many other worthy organizations that are working hard to bring aid and comfort to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Although it hurts to pay more at the pump, it can’t compare with the agony that so many in the Gulf Coast are enduring.
Copyright 2005 Danek Kaus
Danek S. Kaus is a freelance journalist who has published hundreds of articles on business, personal development and consumer issues. He is the co-author of the new book, “Power Persuasion: Using Hypnotic Influence to Win in Life, Love and Business.” For information, visit power-persuasion.com/book.
Want more gas saving tips & other ideas on how to win in life?
Read The Winner's Edge at winnersedge.blogspot.com
RETURN TO THE CAR BUYING - ADVICE & TIPS INDEX PAGE
Your Car Using Gas4Free Water-Fuel Conversion System
Attention: New Diy Water Car Is Selling Like Crazy! Raising Prices Has Created Huge Demand!
Secret Car Secret - Buy Cars 50% - 90% Off
Lazy Way To Buy & Sell Cars For Profit!
For Your Car! Save Costs with this Alternative Fuel
To Start A Import/Export Car Business
CAR TIPS INDEX
RETURN TO THE MAIN FREE ARTICLES INDEX
Recommend this site to a Friend
IF YOU CAN'T FIND
THE INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCT
Please bookmark & keep coming back often!
INDEX - ARTICLES LISTING
Average 10 articles per category
If you're into Niche Resale Rights
Products then check out my
which has 120 + different eBook Packages and still growing.
The Ultimate Recipe Collection
CURRENTLY  DIFFERENT RECIPE E-BOOKS ON THIS PAGE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
I'VE ALSO JUST FINISHED A SITE
TOTALLY DEVOTED TO ...
'MASTER RESALE RIGHTS PRODUCTS' - CURRENTLY 83 DIFFERENT PACKAGES
DROP ON BY & HAVE A LOOK
Give to Family & Friends
Get them what they've always
(Even if you don't know what it is.)
Dunway Enterprises || Dunway Sitemap
WebMaster & Site Design by Ken Dunn
Dunway's Network of Joint Venture Sites
CLICK HERE TO SEND MAIL
Copyright [c] Dunway Enterprises
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
The *7 Steps To Financial Freedom* That Transformed Me Into A Millionaire At
Just Age 26...
YOU Can Sack Your Boss, Quit Your Dead-End Job, And Catapult Yourself To Financial Success!"
CAR BUYING - ADVICE & TIPS