In Star Trek, there's
the purely logical guy, Mr. Spock,
Real life isn't like that - we need
to be able to function both ways,
Unfortunately, learning logical
thinking doesn't just come naturally for most people.
Here's what you can do about it: teach logic to your child. Why?
1. Your child will be able to understand cause and effect, and make better life choices. For instance, a child who understands logical consequences will be more able to counter the voices of "friends" who urge him to misuse his money and his time.
2. Your child will be a good problem-solver. Good problem-solving involves coming up with a list of options to consider. This will help later on in a range of situations, from how to deal with a plugged-up sink to what to do about a car that breaks down.
3. Your child will be better prepared to challenge advertising. He will be able to identify fallacies such as circular reasoning. For example, an advertiser might tell us, "Happy folks buy Toastie Puffs." What he means is, "Buy Toastie Puffs, and you'll be happy!" This is circular logic! Can your child recognize it?
4. Your child will be able to carefully consider persuasion from politicians and the media. What if a TV reporter interviews five people who say the US should allow illegal immigrants to stay? Then the reporter concludes that everyone in the state wants illegal immigrants to stay. What is the problem here? This is an error in generalizing from too small a sample group. The reporter needs opinions from a much wider sample group. Can your child see the error?
5. Your child will be able to evaluate what someone says by looking at who said it. For instance, if your dentist tells you how to take care of your teeth, you should follow his advice-he's an expert. But if he tells you how to fix your car, you might not consider him an expert on that!
6. Your child will be able to understand how computers think. Computers think in nitty-gritty ways: if statement A is true, then do action B. Otherwise, do action C. Our brains tend to skip around in comparison. But learning to program a computer to follow a logical sequence helps the child learn to think logically, too.
In the Information Age, this is a very useful skill to develop, now or later. The more your child knows about computers, the more he will be master of that device that is mastering our lives.
Kids can learn computer programming and create Web sites using Phyllis Wheeler’s self-study books.
Find out more and get a free Internet scavenger hunt download at www.motherboardbooks.com.
RETURN TO THE CAR BUYING - ADVICE & TIPS INDEX PAGE
Your Car Using Gas4Free Water-Fuel Conversion System
Attention: New Diy Water Car Is Selling Like Crazy! Raising Prices Has Created Huge Demand!
Secret Car Secret - Buy Cars 50% - 90% Off
Lazy Way To Buy & Sell Cars For Profit!
For Your Car! Save Costs with this Alternative Fuel
To Start A Import/Export Car Business
CAR TIPS INDEX
RETURN TO THE MAIN FREE ARTICLES INDEX
Recommend this site to a Friend
IF YOU CAN'T FIND
THE INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCT
Please bookmark & keep coming back often!
INDEX - ARTICLES LISTING
Average 10 articles per category
If you're into Niche Resale Rights
Products then check out my
which has 120 + different eBook Packages and still growing.
The Ultimate Recipe Collection
CURRENTLY  DIFFERENT RECIPE E-BOOKS ON THIS PAGE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
I'VE ALSO JUST FINISHED A SITE
TOTALLY DEVOTED TO ...
'MASTER RESALE RIGHTS PRODUCTS' - CURRENTLY 83 DIFFERENT PACKAGES
DROP ON BY & HAVE A LOOK
Give to Family & Friends
Get them what they've always
(Even if you don't know what it is.)
Dunway Enterprises || Dunway Sitemap
WebMaster & Site Design by Ken Dunn
Dunway's Network of Joint Venture Sites
CLICK HERE TO SEND MAIL
Copyright [c] Dunway Enterprises
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
The *7 Steps To Financial Freedom* That Transformed Me Into A Millionaire At
Just Age 26...
YOU Can Sack Your Boss, Quit Your Dead-End Job, And Catapult Yourself To Financial Success!"
"CARS - Cars - cars"
CAR BUYING - ADVICE & TIPS